Thứ Bảy, 25 tháng 12, 2010

Ornament craft: Holiday Hints


With just two weeks until Christmas (eep!) I thought it was time to share a few ornament ideas. I love handmade ornaments and they double so easily as a thoughtful gift topper on your holiday wrapping.


Drum roll please....the Gingerbread Ornament Set is finally available as a PDF pattern in my etsy shop! These little cuties are part of my Make New or Make Do™ sewing pattern line. This pattern includes directions to make a dapper Gingerbread Boy and his friendly dog Gingersnap, plus a wee Gingerbread House with charming little details. Suh-weet!




Last's year's tutorial for my Felt Ogee Ornament was such a hit I wanted to bring it back. Simply made from one square of felt and a few strategic cuts...beautiful! I've experimented with a few new ideas based on this and I hope to be able to share them soon. We'll see...


I did manage to pull this tutorial together for you last month, the Itty Bitty Ice Cream Ornament. I imagine one of these would make a sweet necklace strung onto a long ribbon.


And while you're crafting with felt balls, why not make a Peas on Earth Ornament as well? We made these in my Felt Ornament workshop at theCreative Connection this past September. Several people wanted to stitch a little face on the peas since they almost look like little swaddled babies. :)


And finally for today, check out Warm Fuzzies for 3 more ornament ideas: the little bird, the oak leaves and the pear.
Source: blog.betzwhite.com

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét